The benefits of Helix Micro-Rebar
Helix Steel Australasia Pty Ltd is fortunate to have the opportunity to market this cutting edge alternative to conventional steel reinforcement in our part of the world. We are excited to share the benefits of a stronger, faster, easier and cheaper reinforcement system with our customers whilst significantly reducing their construction carbon footprint. Helix Micro Rebar has undergone extensive laboratory and field-testing with more than 10,000 tests performed over ten years.
Helix Micro Rebar is not a steel fibre
This point is extremely important, Micro Rebar is often referred to as a steel fibre but it is not a steel fibre; instead it is a replacement for rebar. Helix Micro Rebar has a tensile strength over four times stronger than standard rebar. It will not rust or corrode due to its zinc coating. It can be used in almost any situation that rebar is used as a replacement for rebar.
Replacing rebar or mesh with Helix Micro Rebar has many quantifiable benefits:
- Improved crack resistance
- Increased durability
- Improved shear strength
- Easy placing and finishing
- Improved worker safety
- Streamlined timeline/logistics
- Better concrete product
- Direct/Indirect cost savings (20% or more)
Helix Twisted Steel Micro Rebar (TSMR) provides Proactive Reinforcement since unlike rebar, and other forms of reinforcement, it engages the material before it actually fails. This enhances the concrete’s ductility, durability, and toughness.
Top 10 Reasons to design with Helix Micro-Rebar
- Helix Micro-Rebar eliminates placing errors
- Helix Micro-Rebar provides 40% stronger concrete section
- Helix Micro-Rebar allows the concrete to absorb 200% plus more energy.
- Helix Micro-Rebar has excellent concrete control properties.
- Helix Micro-Rebar is a safer, discontinuous reinforcement system.
- Helix Micro-Rebar helps increase worksite safety.
- Helix Micro-Rebar significantly reduces construction time.
- Helix Micro-Rebar is electroplated with zinc.
- Helix Micro-Rebar reduces reinforcing costs by at least 20%.
- Helix Micro-Rebar can help achieve LEED goals.
Helix Micro Rebar Comparisons
We have dedicated a page on the comparisons between Micro Rebar vs Steel Fibre and also a page on the comparisons between Micro Rebar and Rebar/Mesh please take your time to read this valuable information.